If you eat low carb or gluten free, you might be missing soup when it gets cold. So many soups are half filled with potatoes, pasta, rice or other grain, carrots or beans or thickened with flour. This soup is vegetable and dairy and delicious. And this recipe a thank you to all the people who came to my new office open house and enjoyed this soup together!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 to 4 large crowns of broccoli, chopped roughly
- 1 cup of vegetable broth (or to taste)
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup of half and half (or to taste)
- generous amount of salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam the broccoli
- Use the steaming water and broth and use your immersion blender to puree the broccoli
- Stir in cheddar and half and half and salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust. Serve!