Is kale a wonder food that can be added to anything to make you instantly healthier? I think so. It moves me to song…
Send in the kale… Isn’t it nutritious? Isn’t it dear? Eating a superfood this late in the year. But where is the kale? …there ought to be kale…no bother, it’s here.
Very Veggie Kale Tomato Sauce or Stew
- 1 TBS or so of olive oil for sautéing
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms of your choosing
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of kale–deveined and torn into small pieces
- 1 giant can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 to 1/2 block tofu, rinsed and pressed
- spices to taste: basil, oregano, fennel seeds, S & P
Saute the onion and mushrooms. Add garlic and heat until fragrant. Toss in all the kale and cook until just slightly wilting. Then add tomatoes and crumble in the tofu. Add spices to taste. Serve over zoodles as a sauce or by itself as a kind of stew.